Users of a shared VMware-environment might want to have a limited read account, where only parts of the infrastructure is shown. This can be achieved by creating a “Virtual Machine User”-account.
Role: Virtual Machine User
- Perform actions on virtual machines only.
- Interact with virtual machines, but not change the virtual machine configuration. This includes:
– All privileges for the scheduled tasks privileges group
– Selected privileges for the global items and virtual machine privileges groups
– No privileges for the folder, datacenter, datastore, network, host, resource, alarms, sessions, performance, and permissions privileges groups
Find more information in this PDF guide from VMware.