vScope’s database Generation 2 is a hybrid between RAM and disk. This database swaps data between the two states as needed. Hybrid database is significantly more RAM-efficient than the older in-memory technology. It is highly recommended to use the hybrid backend.
Older versions of vScope can be upgraded by doing the following:
IMPORTANT: All settings (saved presets, user accounts, credentials, manual tags etc) will remain, but the data collection will start over from start and all history will be cleared.
- Stop vScope Server service
- Open the file C:/vScopeData/projects/default/project.prefs (This file may be on another drive)
- Add a line stating dbEngine=kevas2
- Restart the vScope Server service and run a new discovery
All actions are done on machine (via SSH):
- Stop vScope service
> service vscopeserver stop
- Make sure line dbEngine=kevas2 is present in
If line exist with value kevas then change it to kevas2
- Start vScope service again
> service vscopeserver start
If you are interested in keeping this Kevas installation an run a parallell Kevas2 installation, you might want to look at How to migrate the vScope installation.