vScope uses credentials to log in to various components of your datacenter. The benefit is that no agents are needed, which is cost-efficient, safe and fast. All passwords are treated carefully to ensure highest security at all times.
- Only vScope-Admins can view the Discovery Manager
- When entering credentials, the password is never displayed – not even to Admins
- Credentials are encrypted and stored in the vScope backend on the vScope server, on premise
- Passwords must be re-entered e.g. to login on a server via RDP
- Passwords cannot be retrieved from the API
- vScope is read-only and will not perform any actions or write anything to the environment except for on the vScope-server itself