The minimum set of roles and privileges required to scan Oracle Database are:
- Role: SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE
- Why: Allows the user to read information about the database, users and their privileges.
- How to apply: ALTER USER “USERNAME” DEFAULT ROLE “SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE”;
- System Privilege: CREATE SESSION
- Why: Allows the user to connect (create a session) to the database.
- How to apply: GRANT CREATE SESSION TO “USERNAME”;
(Replace USERNAME with the real username.)
This should allow vScope to fully discover the Oracle Database.