vScope 2.4.0 is a major release with many new features together with many optimizations and bug-fixes.
NEW! Web Certificates
- See installed web certificates and their status in vScope. Viewable settings include Vendor, Expiry dates, Validity, Strength &
- Encryption type etc. Tags can be seen on Machines and IP-addresses, but there is also a whole new Table type resource created called Certificates. New tracker cases for Certificates are added
- Certificates discovery can be done using the new HTTP-probe. Configure it from the Credentials Manager
NEW: Access points
This is a new resource in vScope. See your access point and their configuration in vScope
- NEW Dependency-mapping of sessions. See what machines (IT services) that are related to a certain database and how it relates to the rest of the infrastructure.
- SQL master key & recovery model info added
- Fixed problems related to SQL2000
- New: Changed IP address preset to list all ip addresses regardless of if there is an attached system or not. This way the list of all discovered IP-addresses is more extensive.
- New: mapping between physical switches and virtualization. Added tags to view associations between machines and switches
- Wrapped uptime on Cisco switches using SNMP discovery. This way uptime longer than 496 days are not seen as lower.
- New way of calculating VMware snapshots. The new way mimic the calculation done in vCenter. Snapshots now get counted towards the snapshot ending a delta and for last active snapshot the currently active delta-files also gets included
- Fixed problem with high folder depth in VMware discovery
- Added tags Host RAM, Host CPU Sockets, Host CPU Cores on VMs
- Added tags for Thin/Thick provisioning and updated Tracker cases. Also added: Disk Mode, Eagerly Scrub, Disk Split, Write Through
- Fixed a bug making it difficult to scan VMM in large environments
- Don’t associate differencing virtual disks that belong to checkpoints with VMs
- Optimization and improvements to handle corrupt data from Hyper-V
User Account Management
Admin rights are now required to reach Settings, Credential Manager and Discovery.
Discovery & Database
- Added a lifetime-setting for objects in the vScope database. When machines are no longer seen in XX days, they are now automatically removed. Can be found under Settings/Database. Read more
- Dynamic Thread Pool – An optional optimization to let vScope run with multiple more discovery threads than default when there are long response times. This feature is default off. Read more
- Updated raw ping probe. Should now be faster when port scanning targets
- Increased timeout for WMI & SSH to improve discovery of Windows Linux and Unix.
- Other general improvements to optimize and increase speed for WMI discovery
- Implemented automatic recovery from transaction logs if disk-based DB files are corrupt
- Lots of other tweaks and improvements in new disk-based backend
- SSH/Linux: Added support for disabling access to /etc/shadow through config.ini-file. Read more
- Fixed bug in scheduled discovery trigger that could cause extra discovery at vScope restart
- Optimizations in Search speed in Table Explorer
- Optimizations in loading Machine Properties Timeline
- Installer now remembers old settings
- About-page updated with resource utilization
- Fixed problem making filters from date-tags
- Disabling option to have several Table presets with the same name
- Fixed problem where a changed Table preset did not show up as changed without reloading page